This is a sponsored post written by me on behalf of Gulf County Florida. All opinions are 100% mine.
Sandy beaches, clear blue waters, boating, hiking, beautiful sunsets… That unbeatable combination is why I love beach vacations! We’ve been researching all that Gulf County Florida has to offer and now I’m itching to go. Is there anything better than a beach vacation? How about a free one? Enter the #InGulf Instagram contest and you can win a 7 day adventure-packed vacation to Gulf County, FL!
So What Is There To Do In Gulf County?
The short answer is… a whole LOT! No matter what your adventure style (or speed), there really is something for everyone. Maybe your dream vacation involves a nice relaxing stroll along the beach with your family looking for shells, a quiet paddle around they bay, and watching the sunset from the sand. Or maybe you like a more adrenaline-pumping adventure? You can hit the area’s hiking trails, go snorkeling, ride a horse on the beach, or charter a boat for some deep sea fishing!
Trip Planning Help
There are so many options, that it can be hard to know where to start. This is where Gulf County’s Concierge Program is a huge help! Just fill out a quick form online about what you like to do, or give them a call at 888-482-GULF, and Gulf County’s guides will help you plan the perfect trip! For me, the hardest part of planning a vacation to a new area is finding pet-friendly lodging and activities. Usually, this means I sit at my computer day and night researching places to visit and things to do with the dogs. But not this time!I planned my perfect Gulf County getaway in less than 10 minutes thanks to their concierge service. I kid you not!
Our Perfect Gulf County Trip
What kind of places do we want to check out in Gulf County? Dog-friendly ones, obviously! I asked for recommendations for camping, hiking, dog-friendly beaches and boating, and restaurants with dog friendly patios. The guide I spoke with was SO helpful and had answers to every one of my questions. It was like talking to an old friend who was really familiar with the area. Here’s what our itinerary would look like, created in minutes thanks to the Concierge Program:
- Camping at TH Stone Memorial St Joseph Peninsula State Park – one of 3 dog friendly campgrounds that my guide recommended, and just a short walk from the beach.
- Paddling with the dogs – I usually bring by inflatable paddleboard on our beach trips, plus Happy Ours Kayak & Bike Outpost rents kayaks, paddleboards, bikes, and they even have a pet-friendly canoe for people who want to bring their dog(s)!
- Hiking the Bay View Nature Trail at St Joseph Peninsula State Park
- Dinner on a dog-friendly patio at one of the many local restaurants – My guide suggested several, like Dockside Seafood & Raw Bar, Provisions, Pepper’s Mexican Grill, and KrazyFish Grille. She also said that nearly all of the restaurants in Gulf County have a to-go menu, so we can order from anywhere and eat al fresco with the pups at one of the areas’s many parks.
- And of course, LOTS of beach time!! All county and public beach accesses in Gulf County are dog friendly, so there are a lot of options. The only beach that isn’t dog friendly is at the state park, which is to help protect the shorebird and turtle habitats.
Are You Ready to #InGulf in Adventure?
Entering to win a trip to Gulf County is easy! Whether you like to bike with your family, stroll the beach, or hike with your dog, show how you #InGulf in adventure by entering a photo in their Instagram contest. Just post your favorite adventure shot and tag @gulfcountyfl and #InGulf for a chance to win a 7 night trip. If you win, you’ll be saying at “Sol Mate,” a 5 bedroom vacation rental that sleeps 12, just steps from the emerald gulf waters of Cape San Blas. Also included in the prize is an hour and a half glass-bottom canoe/kayak tour around the bay, a $200 gift certificate for dinner at KrazyFish Grill, and a $100 gift card to Duren’s Piggly Wiggly for groceries and more!
I don’t know about you, but I’m READY to hit the sand and the sea!
Thanks for reading!
Debbie & The MUTTS